Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cupcake Cones

My daughter loves cupcakes & she loves ice cream cones, so this is an idea that brings the best of both.

My daughter Kylie loves these cupcake-cones & there's no need to worry about messy ice cream drips all over the house! We usually use an organic chocolate cake mix, but any store brand will do. By using a mix, she gets to make the whole cake herself & learn about baking as we go. I place organic ice cream cones in my muffin tins & fill almost to the rim with the mix. We then pop them in the oven at 350 for around 20 minutes. I find it takes longer than regular cupcakes, but every oven is individual & you know it best.

When they are finished let them cool down & frost & decorate as you wish. I usually let her handle the sprinkles etc. These are great for a party or just as a special treat. But she loves them & loves to show them to all her friends and she especially loves that she made them!

No comments:

Post a Comment