Friday, February 18, 2011

Stuffed cabbage

Last night I had to make 200 tea sandwiches for my daughter’s Valentine school tea. I have been working a lot & my parents were coming over for dinner. I don’t like to complain, but yikes!!! I had a very busy Sunday afternoon! So, what to make for dinner? The last thing I wanted to do was to go to the market. I came up with this recipe, a take on stuffed cabbage, but without all of the work of stuffing the actual cabbage leaves! They loved it! Let me know what you think.

1 package veggie ground beef substitute
1 medium yellow onion chopped
2 TBSP olive oil
16 ozs. Tomato sauce(chunky style)
3 TBSP paprika
salt & pepper to taste
5 -6cups cole slaw mix (cabbage & carrots)
1 cup cooked brown rice
grated cheddar cheese

Combine all ingredients except rice & cheese in slow cooker cook on low for 4-6 hours. Add rice in last 30 minutes so it doesn’t get mushy. Right before serving sprinkle on cheese. Serve with a nice green salad.

1 comment: